- In order to be better prepared for your eye exam:
- Remember that both of your eyes will be dilated.
- Bring a driver and sunglasses with you as dilation may affect your vision.
- Bring a list of all of your medications, your insurance cards and pertinent medical history.
- Allow 1-2 hours for your visit, initial visits may take longer.
- Additional testing or treatment, such as fluorescein angiography or laser may be indicated following the examination of your eyes.
- We are happy to include family members in the discussion of your condition and it is often helpful to have them accompany you. We will keep your referring doctor informed of our findings.
- Please understand that, because of the nature of our practice, we deal with many emergencies. We ask for your patience and consideration.
In order to better determine your eye problem, one or both of the following tests will likely be performed.